[cle-release-team] Can we get the permissions sorted on takishi?

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 03:59:22 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Can we please get the permissions sorted on takishi? They seem to be constantly reset to apache:apache and every time I need to perform a release I need to manually login and chown the folders for the projects I am releasing. There is already the release group, of which I am a member:

[sswinsburg at takeshi kernel]$ id
uid=508(sswinsburg) gid=511(sswinsburg) groups=507(release),511(sswinsburg)

Can't everything just be set writeable to that group? I know there are plans for jenkins to be able to release projects, but I presume jenkins will just be a member of the release group anyway.

I note that the kernel has a special user shared_release.

Let me know if I can do anything. I run our own maven repo here at ANU.

cheers.
Steve