[cle-release-team] New Build Process

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Wed Oct 26 11:01:24 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

   There's been some confusion in the developer community (at least here at UM) about the recent changes/improvements to the build process to create an "all-indie" release process. I'd like to propose we add a README.txt file in the root of the sakai source tree that explains the current build & release process, as well as a link to the sakai-trunk-all build  (https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-trunk-all/). I'd also like to propose that we call re-brand the "all-indie release process" as a "all-indie build process", since this more accurately describes the changes (imo).

   I'd like to bring this up for discussion at tomorrow's MT/RT call, but would welcome feedback online as well.

Thoughts?
- Beth