[Announcements] Sakai OAE V1.0.0-RC6

Alan Marks alanmarks at sakaifoundation.org
Thu Sep 1 14:45:09 PDT 2011

It has been two weeks to the day since I was last able to send out an
announcement of RC4 for Sakai OAE. Since then we have fixed a decent number
of important issues, moved to the 1.0 release of sparsemap, and are feeling
much, much more solid. There have been about 1/2 dozen bug bashes, a huge
amount of testing, and 19 high priority fixes, some big, some small.

After a solid bash on the current master branches today, we've now cut RC6
with no changes from the bash. We're starting a 24-hour clock, which will
include a bug bash tomorrow (Friday in the US and UK). Kent will send out
more details later but I expect it will be at about 0930 Pacific / 1230
Eastern / 1730 BST / An inconveniently early time in Australia.

*Assuming we do not take any new changes, the 24-hour clock will end at 2
September 2011, 2100 UTC (1400 Pacific / 1700 Eastern / 2000 BST / 0700 +1d
Sydney). *

I encourage anyone who can to take a look at the most recent build. The
Indiana server is not available this second as it is being updated, but
should be ready soon:
http://sakai3-demo.uits.indiana.edu:8080/

Here are the changes taken since RC4 (RC5 was aborted).
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12988

Here are the relevant tags:
https://github.com/sakaiproject/sparsemapcontent/tree/1.1-20110830
https://github.com/sakaiproject/nakamura/tree/1.0.0-RC6