[Announcements] Call for items for the May 12, 2011 Sakai Newsletter

Anibal Carmona anibalc at unitech.com.ar
Mon May 9 14:09:24 PDT 2011

Margaret,

I'm glad to announcement you that Government of San Luis, province of
Argentina, had decided to extent Sakai to all its schools.

This is the translate of the news: The original versión (in spanish) is
here:

http://www.ulp.edu.ar/ulp/paginas/PrensaULPDetalle.asp?IdiomaId=1&Eje=3&Inf
oPrensaId=2782

San Luis extend to all its schools the digital platform SAKAI

The project will reach more than 58,000 elementary students and will be
available for high school students. This initiative builds on the
experience of the plan "All the Kids online."

Certain of the positive contribution of new technologies in the
educational process, the Government of San Luis will all the schools in
the province virtual learning platform Sakai. This project is carried out
in parallel with the generalization of the model one to one provincial
"All the Kids online."

"The extension of the plan enables access to digital SAKAI collaboration
platform that allows the use of educational content developed by the group
RED (Digital Educational Resources), University of La Punta (ULP). Thus,
all students from primary and secondary, with access to the use of digital
tools may interact not only with their teachers but also between them,
creating the largest educational network in Argentina, "said Maria Clelia
Odicino, academic secretary of the ULP.

>From the ULP was explained that the government's decision to extend the
use platform to all provincial schools, responding to improvements in
school performance of students of "All the Kids online." during 2009 and
2010 in plan-41 schools to date, the University performed measurements
with students who used the tool. "Measurements in Language, Mathematics
and Natural Sciences yielded significant improvements in student
performance, which served to highlight the positive impact of these
technologies in education," said Odicino.

Sakai platform integrates software for educational management and
administration of digital resources for learning and teaching. Also,
includes software for implementing the management system of educational
quality, academic and administrative. This is necessary to monitor the
management model based on continuous improvement, under the international
standards ISO 9001-2008. Seeking to develop this project, the University
called for bids earlier this year to hire the services of implementing the
educational platform, quality certification, technical support and help
desk to assist 400 schools, estimated be on the program.

"This platform allows to all members of the education system, access a
fundamental tool for the performance of its function, maximizing the
educational management through the monitoring of indicators. It also
promotes collaborative learning, making it easy for students, teachers and
parents, through on-line access to educational content, news and academic
progress and school performance observations. This will allow the
educational system beyond the physical boundaries of traditional
classrooms constraints to create virtual learning environments, "said
Alicia Bañuelos, rector of the ULP.

He said that with the extension of the platform SAKAI to the 58,000
primary school children in the province, "San Luis, again, is put at the
forefront of educational projects 1 to 1 of Latin America." In that
regard, he added that "the Province began to massively not only the
delivery of netbooks and learning support software, in what was a pioneer,
but also the massive use of digital educational platforms of the world's
most prestigious scholarship."

As part of this initiative, the provincial Ministry of Education paid the
tuition for each school in an application, and that information management
will be exported to SAKAI. These data will be utilized at the same time,
the Ministry of Finance San Luis to give each student the savings account.
Similarly, the tool will submit annually the Government savings stamps to
students when they pass each grade level.

Regarding quality management, the Chancellor announced that the system is
being implemented in the first 100 schools that will be generalized to all
educational institutions from San Luis."This will allow the education
system is available to children and young people to excellence that
requires the world today. This plan, unique, and we are proud to represent
a challenge shared with the Ministries of Education, Finance and Progress.
The CIPE (electronic document ID), moreover, allow parents to receive
school information involving their children in www.puntano.net portal,
currently under development. San Luis accelerate digital inclusion for
digital prosperity with relevant information and participation of all
involved, "said Banuelos.

Unitech, as SCA, will be in charge of implementation's support of Sakai.

Best regards,
Anibal

Aníbal H Carmona
Presidente
anibalc at unitech.com.ar

Unitech
Expertos en informatizar la gestión pública.
Puede confiar en nosotros. Nos respaldan 20 años de buenas prácticas.

Avda. Corrientes 617 - Piso 11
(C1043AAG) - Ciudad Autónoma de Bs. As.
Tel: 4394-3244  Fax: 4394-1641
www.unitech.com.ar <http://www.unitech.com.ar/>

Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo,
contiene información de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su
destinatario o destinatarios. Queda prohibida su divulgación, copia o
distribución a terceros sin la previa autorización escrita de Unitech. En
el caso de haber recibido este correo electrónico por error, se ruega
notificar inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenvío a la
dirección electrónica del remitente.

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is prohibited without the prior written consent of Unitech.
If you have received this communication in error, please, notify the
sender by reply e-mail