[Announcements] Preliminary Judges Needed For Sakai Innovation Award

Rob Coyle rcoyle at jhu.edu
Thu Jan 20 10:39:12 PST 2011

Sakai Community -

Are you interested in learning about innovative uses of Sakai for portfolios, distance learning, and K-12 education? Are you new to the Sakai Community and looking to get involved in the Teaching & Learning group? If so, we could use your help on the Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award (TWSIA) Committee.

As the deadline for submissions to the award competition approaches, we are asking community members to join our committee as preliminary judges for award entries.

Serving as a preliminary judge gives you the opportunity to get a first-hand look at all the submissions.  As a preliminary judge you will read the applications, evaluate them against the TWSIA Rubric and be asked to asked to participate in a conference call where we will discuss our evaluations with all judges and make decisions on which entries will be passed on to the final judges.

Judging will take place during the month of February. You may sign up to be judge between now and Friday February 4th. We will also have a conference call for all those who volunteer to be a preliminary judge to explain the review process more thoroughly during the week of February 7th.

If you are willing to help the committee by serving as a preliminary judge, please email Rob Coyle (rcoyle at jhu.edu<mailto:rcoyle at jhu.edu>) or sign up directly at https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/YgNqB.
If you know of others who might be willing to serve, please forward this information on to them.

To learn more about the Award program please visit http://openedpractices.org/twsia.

Thank you.

Rob Coyle
TWSIA 2011 Chair

Sue Roig
TWSIA 2011 Co-Chair

Robert M. Coyle,
Instructional Designer | Instructional Technology and Distance Education |
Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals | 6810 Deerpath Road | Elkridge, MD 21075  |
o: 410.516.2291 | c: 443.271.0453 | rcoyle at jhu.edu<x-msg://18/rcoyle@jhu.edu> | www.ep.jhu.edu<http://www.ep.jhu.edu/>