[Announcements] Reminder: Board Nominations Now Being Accepted

Mary Miles mmiles at umich.edu
Mon Oct 11 09:02:57 PDT 2010

Just a quick reminder that nominations for the Sakai Board of Directors are
being accepted through Monday, October 18.  The original email from Ian
Dolphin is pasted below...

Dear Colleague
Over the course of October and November the Sakai Foundation will be holding
elections for two positions on the Foundation Board. In line with Foundation
by-laws, Josh Baron, of Marist College, ends his first three year elected
term this December, and Jutta Trevinarus, of the Ontario College of Art and
Design, ends her second term. I would like to offer my thanks, on behalf of
the community, for their leadership in supporting Sakai over the years.

Anyone may be nominated for one of the two positions, although we would
appreciate your best efforts to discover the willingness of anyone you may
nominate to stand. Please forward your nomination to Mary Miles -
mmiles at sakaifoundation.org - by midnight Monday October 18th (US Eastern
Time).

Voting will take place between October 30th and November 12th, and will be
open to Sakai Foundation Institutional Representatives. Further details of
candidates, together with details of how to vote will be mailed to
Institutional Representatives in advance of the voting period. The
availability of candidates details will be notified on this list.

I would remind you that Board members may be elected for a maximum of two
consecutive terms. The Sakai Foundation by-laws may be found at
http://sakaiproject.org/foundation-bylaws

Regards
Ian
--