[Announcements] A Distance Learning Group Invitation: The Ins and Outs of the Charles Strut University Online Learning Environment

Rob Coyle rcoyle at jhu.edu
Mon Oct 11 05:15:22 PDT 2010

Greetings Sakai Community,

The Sakai Teaching and Learning Distance Learning group invites you to participate in this week's meeting featuring:

"The Ins and Outs of the Charles Strut University Online Learning Environment."
by
Tony McKenzie and James Brann,
Charles Strut University's Learning and Teaching Services

Charles Sturt University is the biggest Sakai community member in Australia. It is presently experiencing a period of significant cultural change as it seeks to apply good practice learning and teaching principles in face to face, distance education, and (increasingly) blended learning environments. That's what Tony and James will try to give a sense of. James will give a snapshot interpretation from the viewpoint of CSU's team of educational designers; Tony will describe how the Division of Learning and Teaching Services is attempting to support continuous quality improvement in learning and teaching across the institution.

There will be an opportunity for the community to engage with Tony and James after their presentation and ask questions.

Meeting Information

Thursday, October 14th at 5:00PM EDT/ Friday, October 15th at 7:00AM Australia.

Call in Information

No phone call. We will meet by web conferencing via Adobe Connect at http://breeze.iu.edu/sakai-tl-dl/. (We will open the Connect room 15 minutes prior to the meeting so participants can test their settings.)
Log in as guest. Enter your real name.
You will need a microphone and speakers to participate fully; a headset is recommended. At minimum you can listen to the presentation with speakers and participate via the chat window. (Additional Information about setting up and using Adobe Connect can be found at http://confluence.sakaiproject.org//x/wYI9B<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/wYI9B> - If you are unfamiliar with Adobe Connect please review this resources prior to the day of the meeting.)

Distance Learning Group and Presentations

The Teaching and Learning Distance Learning (DL) group originated from several vibrant collaborative efforts and conversations at the Sakai 2010 Conference in Denver, CO. The group's goals include an open sharing of resources, ideas and practices surrounding the myriad of diverse topics of Distance Learning. As the first major initiative the DL group has begun a practice of having different institutions share some of their practices with the community, ranging from Faculty Development to their unique Sakai usage. The presentation by Charles Strut University is the 3rd in our series.

To learn more about the group, our meeting schedule, and to view the first two presentations (by Indiana University and Texas State University) please go to http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Distance+Learning+Group.

We hope you will be able to join us this week, and in the future.

--Rob

Robert M. Coyle,
Instructional Designer | Instructional Technology and Distance Education |
Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals | 6810 Deerpath Road | Elkridge, MD 21075  |
o: 410.516.2291 | c: 443.271.0453 | rcoyle at jhu.edu<x-msg://18/rcoyle@jhu.edu> | www.ep.jhu.edu<http://www.ep.jhu.edu/>