[Announcements] Sakai QA Director

Michael Korcuska mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org
Thu Oct 15 09:59:29 PDT 2009

I'm writing to let you know that as of December 18 Pete Peterson,
currently Sakai QA Director, will be returning to his duties at UC
Davis.

This will leave a vacancy on the Sakai staff. I'm using this moment to
rethink the role to some degree at least. The QA process has typically
benefitted from an individual paying close attention to the details of
the many Jira issues and svn commits that make up the release. The
volume of issues and attention to detail required are both relatively
high. At the same time I also believe that we are ripe for a strategic
rethinking of how we manage QA in Sakai and to help the community
institute new processes and, especially, to implement a variety of
test automation tools and techniques. I'm not optimistic I can fill
both of these needs with one person which, as you might expect, is all
I currently have in the budget. I'm open to feedback and advice on
this matter so please get in touch if you have something you'd like to
share.

I want to thank Pete for his contributions to the Sakai QA efforts
over the past year. We wish him well at UC Davis and we're sure we
will continue to hear from him in the community. At least I hope we
will!

Best regards,

Michael

--