[Announcements] Sakai Board of Directors Call for Nominations

Mary Miles mmiles at umich.edu
Tue Oct 6 06:49:17 PDT 2009

The purpose of this message is to solicit nominations for seats on the
SakaiFoundation Board
of Directors. Four (4) seats are opening at the end of this year. Elected
Board Members will serve a three year term, with the possibility of being
re-elected for a second three-year term. For more information on the
SakaiFoundation
Board and the elections of Board members, please see the Sakai Bylaws at
http://tinyurl.com/ya7zs6a. A list of current Board members may be found at
http://tinyurl.com/yehhpzk. A nomination may be made by anyone.

To make a nomination or nominations, please send an e-mail with your
nomination(s) and the contact information of the nominee(s): name, title,
phone number, and e-mail to mmiles at umich.edu. The deadline for making a
nomination is October 16, 2009.

Once nominations are accepted and individuals have been contacted to
determine their willingness to serve, a list of candidates will be published
and elections will be held with only the designated voting representative
from each Sakai Organization casting votes for these seats. We expect to
have the entire process completed in November and the new Board members will
be seated officially on January 1, 2010.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

--
Mary Miles
Sakai Foundation