[Announcements] [Building Sakai] Conference Hotel Group Rate Expiring

Michael Korcuska mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Jun 5 23:18:56 PDT 2009

Please don't do modify your hotel reservation.  Contractually the
hotel must offer us the lowest rate and we will get everyone that
rate. If lots of people cancel their Sakai reservations it will
potentially cost the Foundation lots of money.

The way it work (in the US at least) is this:

* We make a commitment to a certain number of room nights.
* In exchange we get a discount and meeting room space. They guarantee
to offer us the lowest rate.
* If we don't make the minimum commitment we have to pay the hotel for
the difference. This can run to tens of thousands of dollars.

Mary will figure out what's happening with the hotel and respond to
the lists. Again, please don't modify existing reservations.

Thanks,

Michael