[WG: Accessibility] samigo Accessibiity issues tested?

Richwine, Brian L brichwin at indiana.edu
Tue May 1 08:23:52 PDT 2012

Here is an update on the Samigo Accessibility JIRAs:

3 Critical Samigo Accessibility Issues Still Open:

  These first two critical JIRAs would be Blockers if accessibility issues were ever considered Blockers:
      SAM-1296 - Accessibility: The 5 Minute Warning Modal jQuery Dialog Message Is Not Accessible
                            - With JAWS 12 and IE, as soon as the 5 minute warning dialog comes up the JAWS user gets stuck
                               in application mode and can't navigate or read the page. JAWS and IE are the most common
                               screen-reading software and web browser user agent combo.
      SAM-1295 - Accessibility: Multiple Choice Questions in Samigo Are Not Very Accessible
                            - The radio buttons used in the multiple choice single correct delivery are completely
                               Inaccessible to keyboard only users. Screen-reader users can set the wrong answer
                               Without knowing it.

      SAM-1228 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handlers from links and form controls - Reopened
                            - There are still dozens of instances of links and buttons that have problematic
                               onkeypress handlers. It would be great if someone who knows the Samigo code
                               could grep for these and remove them. I'd be happy to explain the issue to anyone
                               interested in working on it. I don't think it would take someone who knows the tool
                               very long to make a big difference here.

Could Not Verify:

      SAM-1274 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handler from model short answer link delivery
                            - I went to verify/test this and I discovered that I'm not sure how to activate this delivery code.
                              What question type and settings are needed to use the
                              /sam/trunk/samigo-app/src/webapp/jsf/delivery/item/deliverShortAnswerLink.jsp code?
      SAM-1250 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handler from multiple choice single correct delivery
                            - Incorporated in SAM-1295 which is still open so this can't yet be tested/verified

Verified:
      SAM-1229 - Accessibility: Username and Password Input fields not labeled on Begin Assessment Page
      SAM-1247 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handler from hide/show timer bar button
      SAM-1265 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handler from multiple choice Multiple correct delivery
      SAM-1266 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handler from audio recording delivery
      SAM-1267 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handler from File Upload Delivery
      SAM-1268 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handler from fill in numeric delivery "What's this?" link
      SAM-1269 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handler from fill in the blank delivery ("What's this?" link)
      SAM-1270 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handler from matching delivery ("What's this?" link)
      SAM-1272 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handlers from short answer delivery ("What's this?" link and "Model Answer" link)
      SAM-1273 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handler from True/False delivery
      SAM-1275 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handler from Next, Previous, Save, Exit, Submit for Grading, etc. buttons
      SAM-1276 - Accessibility: Remove onkeypress handler from buttons in delivery/tableOfContents.jsp
      SAM-1279 - Accessibility: Hide Division Feature Is Not Accessible