[samigo-team] SAMigo Audio Record & Playback

David Carrillo daviti at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 05:51:19 PST 2013

First of all, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm David Carrillo, from
Universidad de Alicante, Spain.
We are starting to use Sakai (v2.9) and SAMigo for languages learning. From
here I offer myself to test everything it could be needed in Sakai and
SAMigo. We will be very pleased to contribute in all the things we can.

One of the tools that we use most of times, is the Audio Recording answers,
but I've noticed that, for audio recording playback, QuickTime plugin is
needed. That's a big trouble if you use any LiNUX distribution.

I think it could be solved by recording the audio in .ogg format, and using
the new "<audio>" HTML5 label for playback.

At this point, I would like to know if this change (or any other) is
planned for the next versions of SAMigo, or how can I get, in Linux
clients, audio to be played inside a browser without being to download to
the client computer and using an external  audio player.

Thank you very much, and sorry about my "spanglish"!