[samigo-team] Some points from yesterday's samigo meeting

RAUL SANCHEZ VEGAS raulsv at um.es
Wed Dec 4 06:32:46 PST 2013

Hi

First of all, thank you all for your time yesterday at the samigo
meeting where we had the opportunity to discuss the Jira's SAM-2212 and
SAM-2213.

Both Jiras are related and they include the negative point value to
"Multiple Correct, Single Selection" and "Multiple Correct, Multiple
Selection" questions.

After all your comments, we have re-discussed the functionality and here
is our proposal:

1- For *SAM-2212*, move the negative point value field under the
question title(e.g. image1.jpg).

2- For *SAM-2213*, move the negative point value field under the
question title(e.g. image2.jpg).

3 - For *SAM-2213*, the questions "Right Less Wrong" won't include
negative point value because our patch changes the correction behaviour
of this type of question.

4 - Consider for inclusion a *new type of question* under "All or
Nothing" option, called "*Proportional*" which has the behaviour
explained below(image3.jpg) and discussed in the call. The University of
Murcia uses a special software for grading OMR (Optical Mark Reader)
exams and it includes this type of grading. Its quite popular for
instructors and they encouraged us to develop this functionality also in
Samigo. We made the mistake to mix it with the 'Right Less Wrong'
questions but as seen yesterday, its definetly a different way of
grading. We have the Spanish name for it, but we will need help to find
the right translation to english.

Here is a description of how this new functionality will work:

    Question: MC, Multiple Selection type "*Proportional*":
    Score 1point
    Negative point value: 0.25

    Option A
    Option B
    Option C

    Solution A,B

    If student selects A, B, he gets full credit: 1 point.
    If student selects A, he gets 1/2 credit: 0.5 points.
    If student selects C, regardless of what other options have been
    selected(A or B) he gets -0.25 because he has selected the wrong answer.

We have modified the Jira's screenshots to be consistent with it.

On the other hand, we have created a new Jira(SAM-2252
<https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-2252>) with the issue of
"editassessment.own" permission  as we agreed in yesterday's meeting.

Best,
Raúl