[samigo-team] Samigo performance--limits and solutions

Jim Mezzanotte jmezzanotte at rsmart.com
Wed Apr 10 13:53:10 PDT 2013

Hi David,

Thanks for the info, very helpful. I wasn't aware of the performance
degradation as students progress, so that's good to know.

In regards to setup, et cetera:

db is mySql
load distributed across 3 servers, with a fourth utility server for SIS

Organization of assessments might also be impacting
performance--assessments consist of numerous sections, and each
section has just one question drawing randomly from a pool (pools
average 20-60 questions).

I did try reorganizing, so there were fewer sections with more
questions, but that didn't seem to make any appreciable difference.
Still, given what you're saying about question pools and degradation
as students progress, this might be a perfect storm of conditions, all
impacting performance.

Best,
Jim Mezzanotte
rSmart