[samigo-team] Clean up 2.9 versions

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Wed Nov 28 04:01:04 PST 2012

Hi Neal
On 11/27/2012 09:44 PM, Neal Caidin wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Did you do this yet?

yes I went ahead and did this - thought it was inline with what you
where doing on the SAK projects - wasn't aware you hadn't got to that yet

> I did something like this for SAK, except I did not rename of 2.9.x to
> 2.9.1 [tentative] .

We found in the past on SAK projects than non version like 2.9.x became
a nightmare - they collected issues from multiple releases and it became
imposible to tell what version issues where fixed in.

> I may have stepped on your toes on this issue for fixVersion?
>
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-2009
>
> I'm not sure if there may be more. Hazards of clean up. Also not sure
> if Samigo team and CLE team use fixVersion in exactly the same way? My
> understanding is that CLE uses fixVersion to denote the actual version
> for which a Jira was addressed, vs a forecast or target version.

I don't follow? not aware of this issue ...