[samigo-team] Extra Time Accommodation for Timed Quiz?

Scoville, David J. scovildj at muohio.edu
Thu Jan 12 17:05:15 PST 2012

Hello,

I received the following question from a faculty member:

"I have a series of timed quizzes that students take on Sakai throughout the semester, each with a two-day window so students have flexibility as to when and where they actually take it. I have a student with a documented learning disability who requires more time to take the quiz and I'm not sure how to accommodate that in Sakai. In Blackboard, students who went overtime had the score "flagged" so I could adjust there score if necessary or ignore the overtime if they were to receive an accommodation. I think Sakai terminates the quiz after the designated time limit. So, how do I accommodate a student who needs more time than the rest of the class on a timed quiz/test?"

Is there a way to allow additional time for an individual student? At Miami, students may be accommodated with 1.5X or 2X the normal time for assessments. We are using SAMigo 2.8.

Thank you,
Dave
--
Dave Scoville