[samigo-team] No POJO's?

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Wed Feb 29 07:47:25 PST 2012

Hi All,

In trying to track down the cause of excesive queries queries in
assessment taking. I'm struggling to get to the bottom of 1 patern, I
have a suspect but fixing will mean widepread changes and change a
design pattern in Samigo.

The problem is this:

When a student navigates between sections their AssessmentGradingData
item is saved, causing all their ItemGradingData objects to be updated,
whether they have d changed or not.

I've made some had changes to the hibernate config (made the relation
bi-derectional) to no affect. As a second step I I'm looking at
overiding hashCode and equals and to put it one way - the errors suggest
that this is the right path. However the this is complicated in that
there are 2 separate implementations of these domain objects.

Is there a reason the API could not be done away with and the objects be
changed to a single POJO? This is a hibernate design pattern I'm more
familiar with.

Regards