[samigo-team] Feedback UI -- clarifying the dependencies

Regan, Alan Alan.Regan at pepperdine.edu
Tue Feb 21 09:41:32 PST 2012

Thank you, Roger.  Good revision!

Sorry for any confusion, btw.  I agree with Roger that Grader's comments can be independent.  I can definitely see where professors might want to provide individual written feedback to students but not necessarily expose the responses.  From my local testing, "grader's comments" are currently dependent on student response and won't display otherwise.  That's why I had nested it originally.  Good catch, Roger!

So I think this is the suggestion on the table?
1.) In the design, please communicate any dependencies. Gray out or hide options that require another selection first.
2.) Please allow Grader's Comments to display without requiring Student Response to be selected.
3.) Please consider breaking student scores into separate items: Overall Score, Part Score(s), Question Score(s).

Does this sound right?

Sincerely,

Alan Regan, MFA
Manager, Technology and Learning