[samigo-team] multiple-choice scoring research

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Wed Aug 29 12:05:37 PDT 2012

> I am not sure if I understand your query correctly. But the sa.ISCORRECT=1
> doesn't mean the student answers the question correctly, it means that
> choice is the correct answer for that multiple choice question. We verify
> whether student's answer is correct online and then save the score into db.
> There is no column representing the correctness of student's answer.

Yeah, my thinking was to get the correct answer from the
SAM_PUBLISHEDANSWER_T table first... and then to JOIN it to the
student's response table (SAM_ITEMGRADING_T).  Don't we know the
student answered correctly because of that JOIN?

select spi.ITEMID, sa.ANSWERID, si.PUBLISHEDANSWERID, spi.SCORE, si.AUTOSCORE
from SAM_ITEMGRADING_T AS si
INNER JOIN SAM_PUBLISHEDANSWER_T AS sa ON si.PUBLISHEDANSWERID=sa.ANSWERID
INNER JOIN SAM_PUBLISHEDITEM_T AS spi ON si.PUBLISHEDITEMID=spi.ITEMID
WHERE sa.ISCORRECT=1 AND si.AUTOSCORE=0 AND sa.SCORE > 0 AND
spi.TYPEID=1 AND spi.PARTIAL_CREDIT_FLAG=0