[samigo-team] multiple-choice scoring research

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Wed Aug 29 10:28:11 PDT 2012

I am doing some research into a scoring discrepancy issue with simple
1 point multiple choice questions in a 3-part random draw assessment.
The problem is that I can't replicate the issue (the students can).

Can anyone run this query against a production db and tell me if they
get results for it?  I believe this query should just look for item
answered correctly but did not receive the correct points.

Thanks,
Sam

select spi.ITEMID, sa.ANSWERID, si.PUBLISHEDANSWERID, spi.SCORE, si.AUTOSCORE
from SAM_ITEMGRADING_T AS si
INNER JOIN SAM_PUBLISHEDANSWER_T AS sa ON si.PUBLISHEDANSWERID=sa.ANSWERID
INNER JOIN SAM_PUBLISHEDITEM_T AS spi ON si.PUBLISHEDITEMID=spi.ITEMID
WHERE sa.ISCORRECT=1 AND si.AUTOSCORE=0 AND sa.SCORE > 0 AND
spi.TYPEID=1 AND spi.PARTIAL_CREDIT_FLAG=0