[samigo-team] Repondus import to Samigo

Nkululeko Phakela Nonkululeko.Phakela at wits.ac.za
Thu Apr 12 00:29:04 PDT 2012

Hi All,

May I first introduce myself and say that I am Nkululeko Phakela, known
as Nguni to friends and colleagues and I just joined the samigo mailing
list.

I have posted to the sakai-dev but I thought I should also post an
experience to this mailing list and you might have a better
understanding.

A professor has created questions using word, imported them to
Respondus, and then created an IMS compliant xml/package that is the
imported into

Samigo. The questions are imported ok. Problem is that some of the
questions have images. What I noticed is these images are saved as
attachments

When being imported, such that he can be able to view the questions, but
then the students cannot be able to view the content. I am assuming this
is

Because the questions are saved into a folder to which only he has
permissions, and this folder is not accessible unless you have ssh
permissions to view

On the terminal. Is there a way that this process can be changed so that
the images get saved in the resources folder instead, to which there is
a UI

Where he can make the questions to be public or private.

The said professor is putting these questions in a pool and generating
random questions using this.

Any kind of help/explanation will be appreciated.

With Warm Regards,

Nguni