[sakai2-tcc] [cle-release-team] Emerging consensus to focus on 2.10

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Sep 11 08:53:12 PDT 2013

Thinking about a schedule, I was talking briefly with Neal with some
context from the past and release schedules

2.8 Alpha 01 : Sept 2010
2.8 Beta 01 : Dec 2010
2.8 RC 01 : Feb 2011
2.8.0 released on April 2011

2.9 Alpha 01 : Oct 2011
2.9 Beta 01 : Dec 2011
2.9 Beta 07 (last beta) : August 2012
2.9 RC01 : September 2012
2.9.0 released on Nov 2012

So we're going to be starting this release at roughly the same time as
prior releases (September/October). 2.9 had the disadvantage of
transitioning to a new release team, a new release process and myself
transitioning to a new position. The beta period was still really long with
a beta release almost every month. The big question I'd have is how much
and what specifically will be QA'd, since the QA process since 2.9.0 has
been much different than any point in the past.

I make a high confidence bet that we won't have it before April 2014 but
pre-conference seems possible based on recent energy and activity.