[sakai2-tcc] CLE 2.9.4 vs CLE 2.10 effort

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Sun Sep 1 07:33:47 PDT 2013

> If we had some minimum number of major new features we wanted, we could for example rename "Site Stats" to "Analytics" and use that to justify the 4.0 moniker.  Adding Analytics would be big.

Would be nice to have Unicon and UvA's efforts around xAPI support in Sakai CLE take off. The easiest part to build would be a recommendation application backed off to a Learning Record Store with a dashboard using BasicLTI. This way we don't get stuck inside any given LMS and we can collect student activities from multiple applications. For example, we expect xAPI support in OAE and uPortal sooner rather than later. Recommendations could be done real time.

At UvA we are running or will do soon a number of pilots across application's. I have even compiled a list of LA pilots in the wild that have resources on the Internet. https://www.surfspace.nl/sig/18-learning-analytics/82-case-studies/

Would make for a discrete effort that would be less scoped than a full LA, student retention, success
 and intervention framework.

Regards,
           Alan

Alan Berg

Innovation working group
On the use of ICT in Education & Research
University of Amsterdam