[sakai2-tcc] Sakai 2.10 schedule - strawperson

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Oct 2 07:31:57 PDT 2013

[ CLE release team and PMC (formerly known as TCC)]

We need to come up with a schedule for 2.10.

Strawperson [for discussion] - High level milestone targets

2013 mid-Oct  - Scope Freeze
2013 late-Nov  - Branch cut - Alpha 01
2014 early-March - Beta 01
2014 early-May - RC01
2014 mid-July - GA (General Availability aka production)

This seems to me like a realistic schedule, based on looking at the actual schedules for 2.8 and 2.9 (and taking into account losing your coordinator during 2.9) and that during November, December and January, I don't think we will have much QA resources available. Also, we will have the Apereo Conference in June 2014, which might slow things down a tad. If I try working backwards from a May 15 date for a release, it just doesn't add up.

The discussion will be for the CLE release team meeting tomorrow.

Thanks!
Neal

Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator