[sakai2-tcc] TCC - CLECC, Wednesday, May 1, 10 am Eastern Daylight/ 2 pm GMT

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed May 1 11:29:38 PDT 2013

I agree that confluence and jira in more recent versions work tie really
well together. Moving to github (for sakai-core) was proposed in the past
on list a few times and seems like it could happen. If that were the case
I'd move everything; source, documentation, issue tracking, and that would
be a pretty time consuming move, as well as something that would be a major
change. Is there someone in the community who would volunteer to work on
that or funding available. Any what are the significant advantages of that
over what we have now? I don't know the answer to those at the moment..

Maybe I don't see as much of a problem with Confluence or the motivation
for extraordinary effort as described.. Much of the documentation there was
written years ago by a different set of developers and is still valid
information. Not that much has changed from 2.5->2.9, as the core is
essentially still the same. Many links come up both with internal and via
Google searches and if anything I'd say that what is lacking is additional
details on existing content and new content, which probably won't be solved
by starting off fresh. Sure, many of the pages could use some
reorganization with popular pages given more prominence and some outdated
pages moved off to "legacy/attic", but  it would take an experienced
developer (like Noah mentioned) to do some of the work in some of the
sections.

It looks like confluence has some statistics! (News to me) Here are the top
10 most popular spaces for April 2013. (Can be seen by logging in and
clicking Browse->Activity)

 Confluence Dashboard (53352)
 Documentation (33614)
 WG: Programmer's Cafe (19031)
 OAE: 3akai (13712)
 OAE: Nakamura Documentation (8569)
 WG: QA (8484)
 Project: Portfolio (8403)
 WG: Accessibility (8248)
 Management / Project Coordination (8220)
 DG: Teaching and Learning (7245)

*In the Documentation Space (April 2013)*

Page: Sakai CLE 2.9 release notes (1764)
Page: Sakai CLE 2.9 install guide (source) (1370)
Page: Sakai Admin Guide - Advanced Tomcat (and Apache) Configuration (1182)
Page: Sakai Admin Guide - Full (1045)
Page: Sakai CLE 2.8 release notes (1036)
Page: Sakai 2.9 skin guide (1027)
Page: Sakai CLE 2.8 install guide (source) (981)
Home page: Documentation (855)
Page: Sakai CLE 2.9 install guide (binary) (788)
Page: Sakai Admin Guide - Configuring Sakai from within the Web Application
(612)

*In the Programmer's Cafe Space (April 2013)*

Page: Setting Up Tomcat For Remote Debugging (4400)
Page: Development Environment Setup Walkthrough (2384)
Page: Install Tomcat 7 (724)
Home page: Programmer's Cafe (682)
Page: Debugging Tomcat Remotely Using Eclipse (571)
Page: Sakai Programmer Manual (427)
Page: Install Eclipse WTP (385)
Page: Add bin and target to global svn ignore in Eclipse (382)
Page: Sakai development getting started (269)
Page: Development Environment Setup Walkthrough (2.5.x-2.8.x) (22)

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Neal Caidin <nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org