[sakai2-tcc] Anti-Samy and Sakai CLE 2.9.2

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Mar 28 09:19:37 PDT 2013

AntiSamy is the right way forward and a huge security upgrade resolving all
sorts of XSS attacks that we have conceived of (KNL-1009) and haven't
conceived of (lots).

My preference:

a) Work on all open tickets regarding easier AntiSamy configuration are
finished by Tuesday.

b) All regression tests pass QA.

Then make AntiSamy default enabled in 2.9.2.

If A and B are not solved quickly, don't hold up the release, but merge
AntiSamy in and turn it off by default so 2.9.2 would still use our old
(bad) FormattedText by default.

Sakai institutions that don't want the security upgrade and want the old
FormattedText can easily switch AntiSamy off.  Longsight plans on using
AntiSamy with all of our 2.9 upgrades and installations once we have the
ability to easily swap out policy files ([a] above).

--Sam