[sakai2-tcc] FYI only - Continuous delivery

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Mar 27 09:13:14 PDT 2013

This is the same Zach Thomas that also posted the productivity trap article
6 months ago though! These do have some things in common.

http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/openforum/2012-September/000223.html

Ever since Anthony was working on the release we have had X hours to keep
the process going as is and Y hours to improve upon automating the process.
The time required of X seems to have actually increased as the releases got
more complex (because of efforts spent on Y) and because Anthony and others
have stopped working as much on the release. It's the same software
maintenance dilemma, and sometimes the new process isn't better than the
old process.

Kind of a cycle? ;) I'd say the release process was better in 2.7 with just
the kernel and a very small group of indies than it is today in 2.9.