[sakai2-tcc] No TCC - CLECC this week - brief summary of last week

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Mon Mar 25 07:16:36 PDT 2013

No decisions made but here is a general view of what we discussed.

Planning for 2.9.3 and beyond
Started thinking about a 2.9.3 release around June of this year. Discussed criteria for a release (i.e. is it date driven or driven based on a major performance issue fixed or some minor enhancements, etc. ) How to take into account the diversity of academic schedules around the world ? North America and Europe seem to be about on the same schedule. What about others?

Position Descriptions
-------------------------------
General mood of those attending was strongly against Position titles for volunteers, unless there is a clear need for a point of contact (like TCC Chair, i18n Chair, etc).

Discussed acknowledgements: individual vs institutional. I am working on a strawperson idea for acknowledgements and plan to start that discussion in the next week or two.

Tools Survey
Need to step back on this and think about what need(s) we would achieve through a survey. I think I have some notes on this from previous conversations so may start a new thread on this as well. A useful Tools survey could be tricky.

Cheers,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org