[sakai2-tcc] QA and Final Release of an Indie - LTI

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Thu Mar 14 07:28:39 PDT 2013

Hi,

I need some more mentoring as to how to get an indie through "QA" and included in 2.9-x and 2.9.2.    Do I do my own QA and then just make a release and announce it?  Are there community resources that want to take a look?  Is there any TCC gating for this or do I just decide when it is time to go, make the release tag and tell someone to update the 2-9-x externals?

The reality is that 2.0.0 is a pretty poor bit of code.  I made a tag that was just enough to make sure Lessons had something to talk to for 2.9.0 IMS Common Cartridge 1.1 import.  The LTI portlet has actually been real solid for a few releases - but the new LTI Admin tool in 2.0.0 was kind of a Beta.   As a matter of fact, by the time 2.9.0 was done - the trunk of LTI was way beyond 2.0.0 and UMich redid the UI of the tool and was running that well-past-2.0.0 trunk code since September.  My new code is a bit beyond that which UMich is running with the addition of bug fixes.

So even if 2.1.0 turned out to have a few little bugs left, in reality 2.1.0 has a lot more production experience than 2.0.0 ever had and there are known bugs and security holes in 2.0.0 that are fixed in 2.1.0 - so one way or another I want 2.1.0 in Sakai 2.9.2 - because I really cannot support 2.0.0 as people start making increasingly sophisticated uses of LTI beyond the basic 1.0 launch in the portlet.

Looking for some guidance and assistance.

/Chuck

Begin forwarded message: