[sakai2-tcc] Performance issue lable in Jira

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Tue Mar 12 06:21:16 PDT 2013

There is the possibility of misspellings with labels, though Jira does have a type-ahead feature, which helps.  The main thing the community needs is education and reminders. Mistakes by ommission and commission will always occur no matter what the process, because we have a dynamic community of humans, who are not all as equally immersed in Sakai-land and Jira-land. Labels are easier to use across projects and do not require any administrative setup.

As a side-note, with the TCC and CLE preferring I not promote the use of labels for releases, I'm still struggling to come up with a grand-unified theory of Jira to capture all the issues properly for a release. Ain't trivial (but maybe it can be done! I'll keep you posted :-) ).

That's my bias towards labels. Components are valuable too.

Perhaps components should be used for genuine components of the project, like a product breakdown structure (where a project can be decomposed into physical chunks of source code, aka components. components = source ) and labels should be used for any other categorization that works across projects. Toying with the idea of a proposal to the TCC/CLE. Do I dare? ;-)

Cheers,
Neal