[sakai2-tcc] Infrastructure discussion for future meeting?

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 19:13:34 PST 2013

This really does reinforce the point that people are afraid of a review of the CLE.

Ultimately it is my view that for all existing projects ( ie CLE, uPortal, all portlets, CAS etc,) that a lightweight checklist be applied to ensure quality and consistency. And one that I have presented to both the board and the incubation group and received positive support.

How can one figure out what resources need to be applied and what areas need attention if you don't know the issues? All this aims to so is highlight those issues so they can be addressed, and so that we know the state of sponsored projects. And since sponsored projects will be Apereo projects there should be one process that suits all.

It really baffles and disappoints me that people are against this idea.

To reiterate, we already have a lot of these processes in place, they are too disparate though.

We also have accessibility reviews taking place, should they stop also? What if someone introduced an incompatible license for a library or upgraded a version not knowing the license had changed (ala wurfl)?

Gesendent von meinem iPhone