[sakai2-tcc] [WG: Docs] Knowledge Base tool replacement for Online Help?

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 8 02:32:06 PST 2013

We have looked at the KB tool before and thought it looked great. If we were to replace the current help then I would be very happy.

Two points:

1/ We are still working on our SOLR implementation of search, it will be based on SOLR 4.2 and will run in both embedded and external mode. The code will be contributed to trunk quite soon. If Sakai used SOLR then there would not need to be any changes to KB search.

2/ we have SVN patches that we run against the help files when we switch versions of sakai - this allows our local terminology / configurations to be used. It would be useful to be able to still do this sort of thing. Will it be possible with the KB tool.