[sakai2-tcc] Decisions input needed! - from today's TCC-CLECC, Wednesday, 2013 March 6

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Thu Mar 7 03:47:57 PST 2013

On 06/03/2013 21:47, Steve Swinsburg wrote:

>> 5) HOT_TOPIC - rWiki  - no decisions made just general discussion and suggestions. Neal volunteers to do outreach and see if we can find pedogogical representatives for input. BOF at conference?  There was some discussion about kicking off a Private TCC discussion (copying CLECC on the thread). One option discussed is a TCC review of rWiki. Two TCC members, at least, think that if this happens it should be limited to a one month review, or it would not be a good use of time. We also discussed having more public discussion, which anyone can kick off at anytime. If we want BOF, we need to get a proposal in by March 11. Nobody assigned to do that at the moment.
>
> What would a pedagogical representative add to the discussion? I though the problem was the lack of developer support?
> Will we have a pedagogical discussion around the outdated Syllabus tool?
>
> Note that a review of tools is coming in the incubation process, but will be a while off. Timeline is that incubation process will be in draft form at conference for discussion and refinement, then worked on a bit more until being ratified by the Board. People will be interviewed in the process so please let me know if you are interested in participating.
>
> My concern is that you'll get skewed results if you just look at one tool in isolation, without a benchmark.  I could find a million things wrong with any tool and paint a grim picture.
>
> Perhaps the CLE tool scorecard could be used in the interim? I am bringing that to the incubation process anyway as a starting point for a lightweight review.
>
> cheers,
> Steve

Wouldn't it be good to tell that we think the current community
involvement in technically supporting rwiki might not be enough to keep
this tool?

I think this would be a way to tell pedagogical stakeholders that they
need to gather technical resources if they think this tool still needs
to be supported.

WDYT?

Cheers,
J-F