[sakai2-tcc] [Building Sakai] Assignments 2

David Adams da1 at vt.edu
Wed Mar 6 06:37:05 PST 2013

Charles Severance wrote:
> Believe me, if we set our minds to it, we could fix the state-related
> problems in Assignments 1 in a few weeks as long as folks were wiling
> to do a complete and thorough QA / regression test of the code.

This is the kind of thing I'd like to see the TCC spearheading. I
think you could probably find more resources for a short-term and
highly-specific but resource-intesive improvement project such as
this than for the more vague kinds of improvement ideas we usually
see.

Making Assignments or Samigo or any number of other core tools
compatible with the cutting edge technology of browser tabs and the
back button would be a *huge* win for usability, reliability, data
consistency, and user happiness.

Many, if not most, of our user problems and complaints have to do with
these types of state issues. Red text across the top telling people
not to use tabs or the back button is not a realistic solution.

-dave