[sakai2-tcc] New Website Content

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Fri Jun 28 07:21:51 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 3:54 AM, Ian Dolphin <ian.dolphin at apereo.org> wrote:
> Apereo.org is looked after on a low cost commercial contract.
>
> There are two choices for the reworked CLE web content/site. It can sit off apereo.org, and we
> can redirect from sakaiproject.org (I had considered this a good choice until OAE's name change),
> or it can simply replace the content at sakaiproject.org, and be linked from the apereo.org site.
> I now favour the latter, given the change in OAE circumstance and the additional clarity that
> brings, although I am open to persuasion otherwise.

[Catching up....]

I too favor maintaining sakaiproject.org with the appropriate linking
from apereo.org and verbiage tying us to the Foundation. I think this
simplifies the current efforts to refresh the site's content and
contains any dependencies.

With respect to the actual content and the TCC effort, I don't think
this was/is a wasted effort. The core of this effort is to surface
important public-facing information that we think has been "buried" or
is outdated/inaccurate. If anything, it informs those the contractors
as to what we feel needs to be presented at the highest levels of the
Sakai Web site and reinforces that we want controls on this
information so it can be accurately maintained.

Seth