[sakai2-tcc] New Website Content

Mark J. Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 18 05:25:34 PDT 2013

 >  how to get involved, how to build sakai, ect

This is partially where the break-down occurred.  Some of this
information is/was on sakaiproject.org.  During the Apereo conference,
Seth started pushing to get the website content organized with an eye
towards updating it, and I followed that lead - mistakenly, perhaps.  I
haven't spent a huge amount of time on improving the web content, so no
big deal if it will be handled in a different manner.  Let me know how
the TCC wants to proceed.

The other issue seems to be understanding the scope of clearing up
Confluence documentation should be.  Personally, I think that Sakai has
lacked authoritative technical documentation from the very start of the
project.  In my view, that documentation includes not only how to build
Sakai, but how to create new tools, new services, etc.  It should
include documentation that describes our architecture in detail, with
examples, in a manner that builds on and expands the JavaDoc.  There has
always been a very large barrier to working on Sakai.  The lack of good
technical documentation is a big part of that barrier.

- Mark Norton

On 6/18/2013 7:47 AM, May, Megan Marie wrote:
> The foundation is also working on sakaiproject.org as well (Aaron alluded to this).   I also thought that the focus was on particular content in Confluence (how to get involved, how to build sakai, ect ) that should be static, in a clear space - likely sakaiproject.org.

>>> CLE-CC