[sakai2-tcc] Proposal: eliminate all indies, re-version trunk to CLE 4.0

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Tue Jun 18 05:16:30 PDT 2013

It can just as easily be 2.10.  However, if we increment the minor version by 1, messagecenter which is currently versioned 3.0-SNAPSHOT, will either need to be treated as an exception (yuck) or we will have to change its <artifactId> to something other than "msgcntr" to version it 2.10. [1]   There was interest expressed at the San Diego meeting with jumping to 4.0, especially if dashboard helped evolve the user experience.  Steve sums up the other reasons well and Alan lays out the case for "cool."

I expect someone might scream about this and declare it a stupid idea.  I myself even expressed reservations during the San Diego meeting.  But Beth liked the idea so I added it to the proposal.

For me, what's important is working towards a simplified build.  If 2.10 makes more sense than 4.0 than fine (just need to decide what to do with msgcntr).  I don't want the proposal to founder on two integers separated by a decimal point.

  Anth

[1] https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msgcntr/trunk/pom.xml

<groupId>org.sakaiproject.msgcntr</groupId>
<version>3.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<artifactId>msgcntr</artifactId>