[sakai2-tcc] New Website Content

Ian Dolphin ian.dolphin at apereo.org
Tue Jun 18 00:47:47 PDT 2013

Aaron is correct. We have a couple of strands of activity here - the first is establishing an information structure and a content write/re-write for the CLE, the second is a web design piece. I already have a couple of folks employed on  these strands - the first is further along than the second. Both should complete around the end of July.

The goal is to create a self contained CLE micro-site with up to date information which is easier to maintain, and with a significant degree of distributed content management. I have appraised the TCC of this through the chair, and several TCC members have been involved in interviews with the person doing the information structure/writing piece (as have others in the community).

I'm sorry if this has created wasted effort.

Best

Ian
--
Ian Dolphin
Executive Director, Apereo Foundation
ian.dolphin at apereo.org

Mob: +44 (0)7737 862863
Twitter: iandolphin24
Skype: iandolphin999

Doodle Meeting Request:
http://doodle.com/iandolphin

On 17 Jun 2013, at 20:16, Mark J. Norton <markjnorton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> That would be good to know.  If so, they why did the TCC kick off this effort in San Deigo?
>
> On 6/17/2013 3:03 PM, Aaron Zeckoski wrote:
>> Ian should probably comment on this, but I think we are sorta paying
>> these other guys to essentially do this already so I am not sure
>> exactly but I think there is probably some (a lot?) of overlap here
>> with stuff that was maybe already done or is already being done.
>>
>> I'll leave it to others who know more about what is going on here to comment.
>> -AZ
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Mark J. Norton
>> <markjnorton at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>> Having gone through all of the existing content on the sakaiproject.org web
>>> site, I've moved to the next step of capturing most of it's content and
>>> structure into the EtherPad document at
>>> http://etherpad.ctools.org/sakai-docs.  The simplest view of this site is as
>>> follows:

>>> Try Sakai