[sakai2-tcc] New Website Content

Mark J. Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 17 11:56:08 PDT 2013

Having gone through all of the existing content on the sakaiproject.org
web site, I've moved to the next step of capturing most of it's content
and structure into the EtherPad document at
http://etherpad.ctools.org/sakai-docs.  The simplest view of this site
is as follows:

      o Try Sakai
      o Community
          + Adopting
              # Institution Map
              # Organization List
          + Contributing
              # TCC
              # CLE-CC
              # Fellows
              # Joining the Foundation
              # Try the CLE
          + Sharing
              # Teaching Learning Group
              # Brock University Case Study
          + Supporting
              # Community Support
              # Commercial Support
      o Getting Started
          + Users
          + System Administrators
          + Technical Contributors
          + Organizations
      o Contact Us
      o News

There is more, but this is the basic structure.  In general, I think we
want to keep most of this information.  Structure could be different,
but that doesn't matter much because many of these pages are
cross-linked to each other.

There are also some sections/pages that are obsolete.  The page
describing "Sakai Products" is confusing now that OLE is branded under
Apereo.  The Sakai Foundation page with joining information is also
quite out of date.  I propose that we forward people to the Apereo site
for now.  If Sakai governance expands to include organizations that
specifically sponsor Sakai (especially in a monetary way), we can bring
this back in.

I could shift much or all of this information to the GIT repo, but I'm
no longer certain it is the best next step.  If we can politely ask it
of Longsight, I'd like to set up Drupal site in which I can start
organizing the new content - test.sakaiproject.org or something
similar.  Should such a thing come into being, I am willing to edit all
existing content, remove confusing material, update things that are out
of date, etc.

- Mark Norton