[sakai2-tcc] Mysql tablename case

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Fri Jan 25 03:51:08 PST 2013

I doubt this will elicit too much discussion but I think (maybe
propose?) we should make it official that we require patches and
code/scripts to use original tablename case (i.e. match what is
already in the code). While many or most of us run with table name
case sensitivity off in mysql, not everyone does and I believe it is
still the default to have case sensitive table names. This has
generally been the practice already for the CLE team but I am not sure
it is written down anywhere.

Here is a snippet of the thread on sakai-dev:

The CLE team has been filing bugs when that is not the case (i.e. when
the case does not match) in scripts or code so this has been the
standard practice for awhile. It doesn't mean it is always caught, but
it is the normal practice. I even committed a case fix just yesterday.

I'm not sure this is written down anywhere as a best practice so if
not, we might want to consider that. I will bring it up to the rest of
the TCC.

-AZ