[sakai2-tcc] Preview of Upgrade Survey

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Fri Jan 18 10:07:14 PST 2013

Re: additional questions and data use.

1. BasicLTI.  I think it would be useful to have a sense of the degree to which the spec has penetrated the community and the kinds of integrations that have been configured.

2.  In-house vs vendor upgrade.  Who does the work may well influence the pace of local upgrade planning and execution.   Then again, perhaps not.  Gathering general data on this question could yield interesting insights.

Of course, now that I look again at the survey I see we are missing an important question--one that asks about the frequency of upgrades across a given period.

Something like:

The CLE team is considering instituting shorter release cycles featuring more frequent maintenance releases.  How many opportunities do you have to upgrade your CLE installation in a given year?
  Once a year
  Twice a year
  Three times a year
  Four times a year
  No limits on the number of upgrades we can perform

We should ask this question (in one form or another).

3. Contrib.  Always good to know the community's favorite contrib tools.  The list I provided is a quick knock-off, it is by no means exhaustive.

You should check with Aaron as to whether or not there is a 10 question limit to the survey.  If we are limited to the basic plan there is a limit to the number of questions we can ask.