[sakai2-tcc] Thoughts on 2.9.1 schedule

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Thu Jan 17 13:13:11 PST 2013

Okay, I'm open to discussion on this.

Maybe I'm being too risk averse?  Maybe we don't need as much QA on 2.9.1-RC01 so perhaps we could get it out in a week or two instead of several weeks?

My desire is to have a quality release and a realistic schedule as we get near the "end game".  I don't mind having aggresive or stretch schedules on larger efforts.

I also need to make sure that the resources are committed to the schedule. I'm not sure how y'all typically account for the potential impact of local issues on schedules.

If several TCC members are available to have a quick teleconference on Friday, I'm happy to discuss. I don't want to give the impression that I want the release to drag on. I don't. I just want to do what I can to insure it is quality and to communicate a realistic schedule.

Any takers for a quick discussion?  Maybe 10 am Eastern, 3 pm GMT?

Thanks,
Neal