[sakai2-tcc] Sakai CLE survey

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Jan 16 13:40:17 PST 2013

Suggested edits to last year's survey:

I.  Questions

4. What version of the Sakai CLE are you currently running in production (as of Jan 2013)?
2.5 or earlier
2.6
2.7
2.8 (community-supported)
2.9 (community-supported)
Other unreleased version

Note: beside updating the year and adding "CLE", I suggest that we add "(community-supported)" to both the 2.8 and 2.9 options as a less than subtle reminder that if you are running a version older than 2.8 you are on your own (unless of course you create your own SIG with other fellow travelers).

5. What type of Sakai release do you use?  --> When you perform your next Sakai CLE upgrade, what code will you use?
Official release tag (e.g. 2.6.3, 2.7.1, 2.8.2, 2.9.0, etc.)
Maintenance branch code (e.g. 2.7.x, 2.8.x, etc.)
Other (trunk, custom local build, custom SCA build)

Note: the original question sets up a false equivalency between the options.  Maintenance branch or "other" code is not the same as tagged release code.

6. When is your next Sakai CLE upgrade planned to go into production?  --> When do you plan to upgrade your Sakai CLE production installation?
NOTE: Only consider Sakai framework version upgrades and not local changes

Q1 2013 (Jan - Mar)
Q2 2013 (April - June)
Q3 2013 (July - September)
Q4 2013 (October - December)
2014 or later
No upgrade is currently planned

Note: reworded the question; updated the dates.

7. What version of the Sakai CLE will your upgrade use?
2.5 or earlier
2.6
2.7
2.8 (community-supported)
2.9 (community-supported)
Other unreleased version
No upgrade is currently planned

Note: matched the options with those of question 4 plus "no upgrade planned".

II.  Additional suggested questions (not sure if we are limited to 10 questions on the "Basic" plan):

Do you add contrib tools to your production installation?
  Yes
   No
   Unsure

Please list the contrib tools you utilize.
  Assignment2
  BigBlueButton
  Clog
  Gradebook2
  iTunesU
  JForum
  Kaltura
  Melete
  Mneme
  Sign up
  Yaft
  etc. . . .
  Other

Note.  Checkboxes for the options.

Have you integrated your Sakai CLE installation with any third-party apps utilizing BasicLTI?
   Yes
   No
   Unsure

What BasicLTI integrations have you configured?

Note.  Textbox short answer.

Do you plan to utilize in-house staff or the services of a third-party vendor when performing your next CLE upgrade?
  We will do it ourselves.
  A third-party vendor will perform the upgrade.
  I'd rather not say.

Cheers,

Anth