[sakai2-tcc] LTI Release Consulting

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Tue Feb 26 07:27:44 PST 2013

Thanks everyone for all the help / feedback - things are quickly clearing up.  Here is what I think are the recommendations:

(a) Make a branch/tag for blti-2.1.x - this should reference 2.9.0 as its parent in the pom.xml

(b) I should test blti-2.1.x with 2.9.0, 2.9.1, and 2.9-x and note the results in my release notes (it would be weird if one artifact did not work with all three)

(c) There will be one binary artifact blti-2.1.0 that should work in all the 2.9.x releases

(d) Folks who use source from various 2.9's should be able to check out 2.1.0 and tweak only the parent in the pom.xml and nothing else - but there is no need to me to make separate tags just for this.

(e) Check to see the source and artifacts work with 2.8.3 - if they do, document it - if not either document the non-working or possibly make some other tag at that point

Generally follow the Profile2 model for releases and release notes.

Did I get it?

/Chuck