[sakai2-tcc] Draft announcements - Re: 2.8.3 release is ready, just needs announcement

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 05:29:51 PST 2013

I would restructure slightly and put the part about the bug fixes as the second sentence so that people can see why the release was made. I've rewritten a bit:

I am pleased to announce, on behalf of the community, the release of Sakai CLE 2.8.3.
The 2.8.3 release contains 100+ bug fixes across the entire codebase. If you plan on upgrading, please look for the database conversion information in the release notes.

For source code - https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-2.8.3/

For 2.8.3 general release information - http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/2.8.3/

For detailed release notes - https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+CLE+2.8+release+notes

cheers,