[sakai2-tcc] TCC - CLECC meeting this Wednesday at 10 am Eastern Daylight/ 2 pm GMT

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Tue Apr 16 12:32:25 PDT 2013

A few notes for background to spur conversation. See below, interspersed with Megan's comments.

On Apr 16, 2013, at 12:30 PM, "May, Megan Marie" <mmmay at indiana.edu> wrote:

> It would be good to touch base on areas of focus for CLECC
>
> *  Making the QA process continuous

- Not sure exactly what this means? Does this mean keep QA testing going in between release cycles?
- QA team is thinking we should get full regression testing in between cycles, because during cycles there is not sufficient time. There are only 2 or 3 active testers who regularly work on scripts.
- Here is our progress on updating full Regression scripts - http://bit.ly/ZBOICa
- Automated testing could help hugely here. How can I learn what is involved?

> * JIRA mgmt.
- Great! Having specific goals would be helpful
- I currently do try and "pre-triage" new tickets that come in weekly (off the Longsight report for CLE release team)
- Just this past weekend successfully overcame my own stupidity and got a jira-python module to work! Gives me hope that I might be able to generate useful reports to help create a more systematic approach to this stuff. (I'm starting by semi-automating the Jira Triage process).
- It wouldn't take me long to give an update on who is participating in Jira Triage. One of the challenges of seeing how well this is working is that some tickets get looked at but don't move from Awaiting Review/Unassigned, so hard to get good metrics.

> * 2.9.2
What is this?  Never heard of it. (ha ha)

> * Update on security (communication, audit of CCLA’s)
- Planning on sending the update to security contacts around the same time as the 2.9.2 is released (you know, whatever that is).  It will focus on security issues fixed for 2.9.x and will mention if 2.8.x is fixed or not. Should maybe have some specific AntiSamy information/recommendations, I think.

- Audit - the first person/institution I looked for wasn't on our list in Confluence!  So I checked with this  not-on-the-list-person and they say their institution has provided these. Ian D. has pointed me to Concentra. Waiting to hear back from them to understand the process, gaps in the process, how to do an audit, etc.

> * Update on Conference planning
- CLE will be extremely well represented! I hope TCC is happy about this.
- I have been leading an effort to include a Networking event with food, on day one (monday). I would be happy to share what we are thinking if you (TCC) want to provide input.
- I'll plan on traveling to San Diego the Thursday before. M. Jones and I have a training session for Friday. Defining our deliverables for this training and/or having some tangible goals is something we were planning on. Ideas welcome.