[sakai2-tcc] Summary of TCC meeting

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Wed Oct 17 12:28:37 PDT 2012

Small group: Aaron Z. , Seth T., Matt J. , Neal C.

* Discussed communications on 2.9 release. No major concerns, just some tweaking.

* I shared that my gut feeling is that things are going well for 2.9.0 and I think we do have a good shot at a late October/ early November release. (I don't put absolute faith in gut feelings, but it is one data point).

* We are holding a week-long test fest for RC 02 next week. RC 02 should be available by late Thursday.  I have indications (not firm commitments) for some extra unit testing and load testing that could happen in the next week or two, and hoping another round of regression will highlight if there are any major bugs.

* Security - the need for continued focus and the suggestion that maybe this could be a focus after the 2.9.0 release is out? I'll speak with Ian Dolphin about any ideas he has to put more attention on this area.

* Help Documentation for 2.9.0 - I just learned that the technical support for this, in the past has been Stephen Marquard, but that he is not available to help at the moment. TCC gave some good suggestions for follow up.

* Mentioned that the idea of a "Participation" report is on hold for further exploration until after 2.9.0 is out.

* Announcement: I'll be at Educause! Courtesy of Dr. Chuck and Blackboard, Inc.  (Thank you Chuck and Bb).  I'll be mostly in the Trade booths area and rotating among the vendors. Firming up a schedule (Mostly firmed up with Bb and Longsight already).

Cheers,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org