[sakai2-tcc] Proposal: release Sakai 2.9.0 on Friday, November 9 barring any new blockers (Voting now open)

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Nov 6 09:32:46 PST 2012

The good news is that I've got the release process to just about 4 hours (2
hours 1 day, 2 hours next day), and getting 2.9.0 would will allow some
initial cleanup of some of the release versions that have hung around in a
confusing state though the betas and release candidates.

The less good news is that we still have more issues being created than
resolved (more testers than developers?) and many outstanding issues that
have existed in releases prior to this one that are not new.

Also the actual release process (from branch management, to cutting
releases) is almost entirely just Sam and myself which is far from ideal.
In the past, Anthony helped out significantly with this, and ideally Neal
would be able to assist, but it still feels like this *could* be a few
months from happening. I'm planning on spending a day or two in North
Carolina next week with Neal and Aaron to start on some of the more
technical aspects of the release process. These were the 3-6 month goals
the TCC initially set out in the CLECC onboarding.