[sakai2-tcc] Proposal: release Sakai 2.9.0 on Friday, November 9 barring any new blockers (Voting now open)

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Nov 1 15:07:33 PDT 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Steve Swinsburg
<steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. I'll look at getting some of those fixed.

Great.  We hope that we can release maintenance versions more often
than in the past.  If we can get a 2.9.1 out before the end of the
year, it would be a great success IMO.  We have no plans on merging
between the rc03 and the final unless blockers are found.

>  Another question. Do the QA servers have email enabled? There have been some major bugs with email template service since 2.8, and some still in
>  the list, I'm just wondering if this aspect has been tested and passed ok.

Yes, the ETS has been a persistently difficult set of JIRAs.
qa29.longsight.com has both incoming and outgoing email enabled.  All
blockers around this set of functionality have been resolved including
the automated resolution of duplicates in the database (Oracle and
MySQL).

--Sam