[sakai2-tcc] Proposal: release Sakai 2.9.0 on Friday, November 9 barring any new blockers

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Nov 1 11:31:06 PDT 2012

There are currently no blocker bugs against the Sakai 2.9.x branch.  I
propose that a roll call vote be scheduled by the TCC chair on the
question of releasing Sakai 2.9.0.

Sakai 2.9.0-rc03 will be released tomorrow, Friday November 2.  I
propose that *barring any new blockers against 2.9.x*, we release
Sakai 2.9.0 on Friday, November 9.

Our next available release date will not be until November 20 because
of vacation schedules.  If blockers are found in 2.9.0-rc03, we will
aim to fix the blockers, verify, and regroup for Tuesday, November 20.
The following available release date will not be until November 29
because of the US Thanksgiving holiday.

I propose:

Voting start: Friday, November 2, 2012, 00:00 UTC
Voting end: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 23:59 UTC
Tagging release: Thursday-Friday, November 9, 2012
Public Announcement: Monday, November 12, 2012

A -1 vote must be accompanied by a detailed explanation. A single -1
vote based on a material objection will block action.  However, -1
blocking votes can be overridden by a 2/3 majority roll call vote of
active TCC members.

The Security WG has been polled by Neal and no objections were made to
the readiness of the release.

--Sam